Friday, June 3, 2011

Me-
It's now been 1 week since I was told that I was miscarrying. This week started out horrible but has now started to get a little back to "normal". My body is back to the way it was before and my emotions are getting more under control. I still have the feeling of loss but at least the pregnancy emotions are ending.
I ventured out of the house this week...to and from schools taking the boys to and from schools. I visited with a cousin and my grandma. Today I decided to go around a large group of friends when I went to Mom2Mom park day. Park day was probably the hardest...seeing all the women look at me with concern and sadness is soooo hard.
I have a conflict of feelings sometimes; on one hand I wish that no one had known that I had been pregnant because then I wouldn't have these loving friends concerned and cautious around me, on the other hand I love that I told that we were expecting because I don't think I could have handled it as well as I did if I hadn't had the support and love from so many. It's still hard to be around all the pregnant bellies and not to think about my baby and the what ifs.
I don't know if I'll ever know for sure why I had a miscarriage but, because of this I have been able to hear so many stories of everyone what has also been through this. I've had the chance to pray for those that have recently or are still going through a miscarriage. I've been able to help a friend go through her miscarriage....I know if I hadn't had one first I wouldn't have been able to help her through hers. I know that God does things for a reason. All I can do is pray for healing and for whatever God gives me in the future.
I've thought about buying some sort of jewelry to remember the baby I lost...I've seen on different websites that some women do that.... what are your thoughts on this?
Bob and I have also decided to try again after I have been given the okay to do so. So please pray for healing, and if it is God's will another pregnancy.
Now I think I will talk about something other than me...
Alex-
Today was Alex's last day at Bright Futures for the summer. His first year of school has been both challenging and fun for him. If you have met my Alex you know that he is not much for following rules and he thinks that he needs to break most of them...in school that doesn't work out for him. I've had many letters sent home this year. I know he loves school but, I'm really hoping that he has a better year next year. Please keep him in your prayers this summer. He finished his soccer last Saturday... it is so cute to see all the preschoolers out on the soccer field (you can normally tell which ones are the younger preschoolers by how often they just walk around picking dandelions or get stuck in the net). He really doesn't have a lot to do this summer...he's in that in between age where there isn't a lot of extracurricular activities for him to do, hopefully he doesn't get too bored with mommy.
Bobby-
His last day of kindergarten is on Monday! The time just keeps flying by with this little guy! He was diagnosed with ADHD at the beginning of the year and all I can say is WOW what a difference since he has been diagnosed! He went from not paying attention in school/crying saying everything was too hard to being at the top of his class! He is reading at a third grade level, doing math and science at an accelerated level....I'm so proud of his hard work!!! This has been a long battle but I see the little boy I always knew was there now! I'm so happy that he was placed in the class he was and that the teacher saw his potential and helped us figure out what was best for our little guy! We are going to miss Mrs. Hager next year. Hopefully we get another teacher next year that makes sure he works to his potential and that we can have a good parent/ teacher connection to keep him there. He will be going to Knox College For Kids this summer! We are so proud of him and the journey that he's been on! Please keep him in your prayers for next year as we continue our journey with ADHD. Mrs. Hager has actually mentioned requesting Alex in a couple years when he starts kindergarten....hopefully she'll get him and we can work together to make him reach his potential too! Bobby is also playing baseball through the city this year for the first time. He loves it and it is fun to watch all the littles trying to catch the ball and run the bases in confusion.
Little Miss-
Allison has finished her parent/tot tumbling for the summer...well that isn't totally true, she has her last "extra" class on the 11th. She is such a natural at it! She loves Miss Cindy so much! She runs around the house singing her tumbling warm up songs all the time....not to mention all the flips she does (when she's not suppose to). We are debating putting her in the summer dance program at All That Dance for a week to see how she does with that...she really loves to pretend to be a ballerina all the time so I think that it would also be a good fit for her. My baby girl starts preschool in the fall! It feels like just yesterday when I had all three home (Bobby turned 3 a week after I had her and Alex was 16 months). I won't know what to do with myself. I know my husband is probably hoping that the house will be cleaner LOL. This is going to be a tough transition for this mama!
Bob-
He is now on third for the summer at John Deere...which is never a fun transition for both the family and him. He has been so tired lately and we haven't been able to see that much of him :( He is also still selling Advocare on the side....but because of his new work schedule he hasn't been able to pursue new clients. Please pray for him as he transitions back to third for the summer.
Other happenings-
Relay For Life- My team has done awesome! We have still been placing purple toilets in both Galesburg and Knoxville. We have a car wash this Sunday (weather permitting) 1-4 in front of Burglands on Henderson St.
I am also on the Knox county committee for Relay For Life- I'm in charge of organizing and getting the vendors for Vendor Alley...so far I've had a good turn out and hopefully I'll be able to get some more interested vendors soon!
Mom2Mom- I'm very excited as we start planning for next years mom2mom!!! Please pray for us as the new team plans during the summer!
Thank you all for reading this....I know that it is super long with NO pictures!! I'll have to add some soon (which means I will actually start taking some that aren't on my phone, Ronda, Shocking right)!
Much Love!
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment