Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hey Everyone!

It's been about two weeks since I last blogged! It's been a crazy few weeks!
Here are different things that my family has been up to:
Lil Bob- Well this little guy has been busy almost as busy as his momma. He has t-ball going on right now, he plays for the Yankees and has really enjoyed the time with his teammates. I totally messed up and didn't wake up for his game last Saturday and then His game on Monday was rained out....I felt so bad! He is also been participating in Knox College for Kids last week and this week. He has had a blast and has really enjoyed his classes.
Alex and Allie- They really haven't had any outside activities this summer. We've made many trips to the library and to different parks (when weather permits). They are looking forward to going to the carnival this weekend (for the past two days they've seen people setting up the rides as we go back and forth from Knox). I had to take Allie to the doctor yesterday, she had been complaining of her left ear hurting her so I assumed it was a regular ear infection. Come to find out she has swimmers ear (not really sure how she got that since she hasn't been swimming in over a month and I really don't let her lay down in the bathtub).
Bob- He has been busy with work...he's still on 3rd until mid September. We are getting ready to head to his cousin's wedding in a couple weeks in Wisconsin.
Samantha- I've been keeping myself busy as usual, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Some things have changed and some have stayed the same.
The Relay For Life fundraising will be coming to an end soon. My team has been so awesome! We've been able to raise so much more that we originally thought we could for The American Cancer Society.
Mom2Mom planning is underway and I'm so excited to work with this new team as we are able to reach so many women.
Another thing I'm excited about is the upcoming Women's Retreat that we are currently planning at Bethel. This is such a special time for women to get a much closer relationship with God and other women!
I am part of a Bible study that has been going over different women of the Bible. It has been such a great study to join!
I also had the opportunity to participate in a mom's support group last night. Even though I didn't get to stay for long yesterday I am very excited to participate in this in the future!
My house has finally been cleaned up, after losing my baby a few weeks ago I really had quit doing much around the house...but I was finally able to get motivated and get my house back to being clean (other than my room).
Question for anyone who's had a miscarriage in the past. It has now been 3 1/2 weeks since I had the miscarriage and I've still had some abdominal pain. Is this something that is normal? I had a UTI/ Kidney infection that I didn't discover until last week, I've finished the antibiotic. So before I had finished the medication I assumed the pain was associated to the UTI but since I've finished it the pain has still been there.
Scripture that I love-
Jeremiah 29:11-14 (I think I've posted this before)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.
Philippians 4:4-6
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

2 comments:

  1. Sam... obviously I am no expert but I am not having any pains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete